ENMU is hosting the 41st Annual Student Research Conference on Wednesday April 8, 2015. To be considered for presentation you must fill out the online application form by March 9, 2015.
Students wishing to display posters only (without presentation or eligibility for prizes) should email email@example.com directly for information and directions.
Presentation of Posters
Wednesday, April 8, 2015 • 9 a.m.–11 a.m.
Presentation of Papers
Wednesday, April 8, 2015 • 1 p.m.–3 p.m.
The following categories are suggested. Papers are not limited by these categories. All papers will be accepted.
- Communication Disorders
- Hispanic Studies
- Humanities and Social Sciences
- Criminal Justice
- Social Work
- Math/Computer Science/EET
- Cash awards will be given to graduate and undergraduate student winners.
Student Research Conference Banquet
- Awards will be presented at the banquet at 6:30 p.m. in the Campus Union Building.
- All participants and faculty are invited to attend the banquet.
- Please RSVP to Kathie.Rolston@enmu.edu or 575.562.2343.
Rules for Eligibility
- Participants must submit abstract information using the following templates:
- The paper must be the original work of the student author(s). Completed work or work in progress is welcome. A paper which is to be or has been presented by the author at another meeting is acceptable.
- Research presentations should focus on the problem, procedures, and results of the research.
- Poster Presentation Guidelines:
- Posters must be 36 x 56 or less. Posters should be "pinnable". Presenters should bring the appropriate hardware to mount their presentation.
- No table is provided for the display of project artifacts. Posters are the sole display of the research process.
- Students presenting posters should be prepared to answer questions and discuss their posters with judges and other audience members for approximately 2 hours.
- Presentation Guidelines:
- A computer and projector will be provided for all presenters. Other AV equipment must be specifically requested.
- Presentation handouts will not be provided by the conference. Students should bring any materials they wish to share with their audience.
- Students submitting in presentation categories should come prepared to present a 10-minute summary.
- Winning papers and poster will be selected by a panel of judges in each category. Any category with fewer than six participants will be consolidated. A minimum of six participants in each category is required for cash awards.
- The organizing committee reserves the right to make changes to the above.